Update 3.56 (
New Release Adds Features to Make You More Productive
New Key Features:
· Download Office Pay Credits and Tips
· OP Effective Date
· Customer names may be up to 60 characters long
What’s on this NPD CD?
· New NPD Installation—to install NPD on a new computer.
· NPD Update—to update NPD with the latest features on your current computer.
· AcornFTP—to install AcornFTP on a new computer.
· Adobe© Acrobat Reader 5.0—the free software for reading PDF files.
You may install any of the four applications on this CD that you need. It is redundant to run both the NPD Update and the New NPD Installation. The New NPD Installation and the AcornFTP may restart your computer.
Save This CD
In the event that you buy a new computer in the future, you can use this CD to install the most recent NPD version. If you have an Internet connection and want to take full advantage of it to manage your business, we encourage you to install AcornFTP if you have not already done so. The best way to download a new version of NPD online is to use the Download NPD Update button in NPD Tools. (The password is update, all in lower case.)
Modifications and Buttons to Look for on NPD 3.56:
For many of you, these changes are not new. You have been using NPD Tools to download NPD Updates in response to my email notices. Those of you who are not on my email list are missing important updates as they are made available.
Name (Including ATTN and
Street Address or PO Box
1. Passwords: The password to download a NPD update from NPD Tools is update. The password to FTP an Export for Address Check is earl.
2. When to Call Acorn Data: The best time to call with problems or questions is Monday through Friday between and , or between and Please limit calls at other times to emergencies only.
Safe, Back Up Your Work: Use
the Backup on Normal Exit
option on the Main Switchboard to automatically back up your work on NPD. This feature is not a replacement for
external backups (you should continue to do that), but it is a convenient way
to restore your database. Effective
4. NPD Technical Notes. From time to time, a new Technical Note will be added. Go to NPD Technical Notes from the www.acorndata.com web page and note the How Tos listed there. You may want to print and save some of them.
5. Keep Up to Date, Get on My Email List: Stay informed of updates, tips and other valuable information. If you are not already on my email list, send an email to email@example.com. Include your name and area number. Also, remember to notify me of any changes to your address, phone or email.
7. Payments via PayPal: You can make quick, secure Visa/Master Charge payments to Acorn with PayPal. PayPal is reputable and a free service. It provides the credit card service for eBay and several other web sites. To join PayPal, visit NPD at www.acorndata.com and go to the NPD eStore page which has a link to PayPal. After you have joined, you must return to NPD eStore to enter your payment.
Earl O. Merrill
Acorn Data Systems, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org 410-997-0187 www.acorndata.com