NPD Update 3.59 (05/25/05) by Acorn Data Systems
New Release Adds Features to Make You More Productive
What’s on this NPD CD?
· New NPD Installation—to install NPD on a new computer.
· NPD Update—to update NPD with the latest features on your current computer.
· AcornFTP—to install AcornFTP on a new computer.
· Adobe© Acrobat Reader 5.5—the free software for reading PDF files.
You may install any of the four applications on this CD that you need. It is redundant to run both the NPD Update and the New NPD Installation, since they are both at the same version. The New NPD Installation and the AcornFTP may restart your computer.
Save This CD
In the event that you buy a new computer in the future, you can use this CD to install NPD on your new computer. Then use NPD Tools to download the latest version before you restore your database to the new computer. If you don’t do this NPD may not run until you do. See the NPD Technical Note How to Install NPD on a New Computer which is on the acorndata.com web site.
When NPD says your database is of a newer version than NPD, you must use NPD Tools to download the latest version of NPD. NPD requires this so you don’t cripple your database by using an obsolete copy of NPD.
Modifications and Buttons to Look for in NPD 3.59:
Name ATTN: Person Name
All three lines may contain up to 60 characters.
<Expired RPO> selects accounts with an RPO edition in effect after the RPO expired. This usually means you are under billing the customer. You can use the Set Sbr Service Date to a future date to see if you have some that should be expiring soon, but the Service Change to end the RPO is not present.
<Edition is RPO> selects all customers who are currently on a special offer.
1. Passwords: The password to download a NPD update from NPD Tools is update. The password to FTP an Export for Address Check is earl. Unless you had it changed, the password for the dropbox.washpost.com used with the Washington Post Online feature is your agent number.
2. When to Call Acorn Data: The best time to call with problems or questions is Monday through Friday between and , or between and Please limit calls at other times to emergencies only.
3. Be Safe, Back Up Your Work: Use the Backup on Normal Exit option on the Main Switchboard to automatically back up your work on NPD. This feature is not a replacement for external backups (you should continue to do that), but it is a convenient way to restore your database. The Acorn Data fee to recover from a problem when you lack adequate or reasonable backups is $200 for the first hour. The purpose of this fee is to encourage you to keep backups for at least a week as sometimes a problem is not uncovered for several days.
4. NPD Technical Notes. From time to time, a new Technical Note will be added. Go to NPD Technical Notes from the www.acorndata.com web page and note the How Tos listed there. You may want to print and save some of them.
5. Keep Up to Date, Get on My Email List: Stay informed of updates, tips and other valuable information. If you are not already on my email list, send an email to email@example.com. Include your name and area number. Also, remember to notify me of any changes to your address, phone or email.
Earl O. Merrill
Acorn Data Systems, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org 410-997-0187 www.acorndata.com